A CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPE FROM JUDITH VITALI
Cinnamon Roll Cookies from Judith
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
MAKES: 72 servings
Bite size cinnamon roll cookies ~
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1-1/2 cups sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
• 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and orange peel. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, yeast and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
2. Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into an 8×6-in. rectangle; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons brown sugar mixture. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut dough crosswise into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
4. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cookies in glaze or spread gently with knife. Let stand until set.
5. Yield: 6 dozen.
Can’t wait to taste these. Makes me almost ready to bake. Yum!